Friday, July 18, 2008

A Day at the Beach


17 July MIDSUMMER BLOG Here I am sitting in the little cafe you see, 50 m from one of the typical E. Pelion sandy coves, Lambinou beach, making notes for the construction of the group room planned for 2009 (assuming we return to Xenonas Martiou) and brainstorming unusual workshops for next year. Given the unusual number of cancellations we have this year of some workshops that looked absolutely brilliant on paper, I'm thinking that people are tired of the old fare and want something unusual.

Bridgeaholics week! A week of duplicate bridge and a bit of instruction, along with the beach and Greek vegetrian cusine. Would that fly? What about Trading for a Living? Thaat's my personal craze at the moment having been fully seduced by Dr. Alexander Elder, the Russian born psychiatrist who shows me that above all trading is a branch of crowd psychology.

I thought that the social psychology of building authentic community was my last stop on the psychology train. Maybe not. Could we get Dr. Elder to come to Greece to lead a technical analysis seminar? Won't hurt to ask him. He can but say no. I have been wanting for years to bring Fay Welcon to lead a week on creative writing but she tells me she doesn't like teaching and from her suite at the Dorchester hotel in London refers me to a poet colleague. ----Jock Millenson----

No comments: