Sunday, August 1, 2010

blog from Tracy

I arrived here at the Kalikalos Centre in Greece 23rd July to take part in a dynamic governance (sociocracy) training event with Emile Van Dantzig. So I found myself in a small community of people of all ages in the hills of Pilion a very short walk from the beautiful traditional village of Kissos. Immediately on arrival, I was welcomed and had a sense of connection with the place and the people.

During the opening circle of the whole community, which included our group, another group who were attending Liz Foster’s event “Loving your Shadow” and those staying here for community experience, we were asked by Jock,if we would like to share our talents with the group during our stay.

Reiki, Indian Head Massage, Language, guitar tutoring and magic were offered. I offered phobia cures and to lead a community Biodanza session for the whole group.

I received an overwhelming response from everyone that they would love to dance and also many spoke to me individually about their anxieties about expressing themselves freely in dance.

I felt excited and anxious. Excited at offering this wonderful way of expressing ourselves and coming together as a community group in the celebration of life and anxious as the group was large, over 25 people of all ages and abilities.
I sensed a need for fun, creativity, playfulness, coming together, sensitivity, with openness and engagement. I was taken to Spiti ton Kentavron (the House of the Centaur) which is the other centre here to see the wonderful open airy space for dance and movement. I plugged in my ipod and the music filled the space beautifully. I just needed to plan it now and I did!

For around two hours on Wednesday evening in the space at Spiti ton Kentavron we danced energetically, vibrantly, expressively, softly, responsively. Having the opportunity to offer this was wonderful for me. I observed moments between individually and the group that touched me deeply. During one dance which involved movement together with our hands. I observed two mothers with their daughters united in affective heart connections and it was as if there was a reverence radiating from their small group formation.

Another dance that touched me deeply was between a mother and her young daughter of just 7 years where with just one finger connecting them they moved together in absolute connection to the soft harmonies.
|These two centres are great places working together offering holistic community in a sustainable environment where people can express themselves creatively. The events that are delivered here are those which help us develop in ways that maybe we never imagined were possible….Thanks for this…..

I would recommend a stay here to anyone and maybe see some of you again next year ….I look forward to dancing through life with you all.

Much love Tracy
x

1 comment:

jenizvinik said...

I found your blog on Google and read some of your other posts. I just add you to my Google News Reader.I think it was really nice to read these facts. Thank you for sharing. Look forward to reading more from you in the future.
greece holidays