Thursday, May 26, 2011

Home tomorrow

I do like a bit of physical work, on my holidays - no, I'm not joking - so I signed up as part of the May workcamp here at Kalikalos, preparing the centre for the guests and workshop leaders who will arrive soon.

I'm leaving tomorrow and I've spent three weeks having a lot of fun, exercise and sun, building a little community with new friends - and then letting go of it.

The rhythms of the day here - starting with an atunement and sharing circle, working in small groups and cooking and eating together all help us to create a real sense of community.  We are all here with a similar outlook - committed to personal growth and straightforward communication, so we try to be open and discuss how we are feeling, as well as what needs doing that day!

We have also had the opportunity to meditate in the new sanctuary we helped to build, to do yoga in the roundhouse, to snooze and do our emails in the yurt - oh yes, and to swim in the clear blue sea and stretch out on the white sand at the beach in the afternoons.

The local tomatoes from the veggie van that comes round every day are as big and luscious as any I have eaten - and they compliment beautifully the feta cheese and olives for lunch.

So I've dug and planted a vegetable garden here at Kalilalos, ready to be watered and tended and finally harvested by the people who follow on after me.  I won't get to eat the produce - but at least I had a good time and did some rewarding physical work  - for me, a great holiday.

Sally Collings  Bridport, Dorset May 2011

No comments: