Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Holistic Holidays in Greece: Kalikalos—Good, Good!

So did you know that kali and kalos are two words for 'good' in Greek?

I have to find out what 'bliss' is in Greek ... I guess we could say kalikalos for 'bliss'!

This is the beginning of my second week here and I have loved every single day and every single aspect of being here!

I came here to do Dr Helen Ford's workshops "Living your truth" and "Resolving fear" and got the added bonus of the Raw Food Detox workshop with Paula Wilson. The food has been amazing! Lots of it comes from our garden, and we do the gardening ourselves…so extra special to eat fruit and vegetables so fresh and grown with love! Rachel from London, who we now call Grace, is Paula's number one helper,  and seems to have developed a passion for figs. She has acquired a special eye for spotting laden fig trees along the road on our trips to the beach :-)

The Kalikalos August 2011 newsletter has some nice photos of the mouthwatering dishes we get served every breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Helen's workshops are simply mind blowing. They are about living your truth and making life easy! For me personally, I am learning to think with my heart, and it works!

You know what the best news is? That you/we are meant to do what pleases us; namely, to follow our heart's desire. How liberating is this? I'm losing 'shoulds', my 'I can'ts', and my 'not allowed'. Yes,  I am allowed! i am allowed to spend all summer in Greece, I am allowed to take a nap in the middle of the day, I am allowed to leave the washing up for later if I don't feel like doing it right now and rather go for a walk in the park.

By following my flow and honouring my heart's desire I am on the right path, and everything unfolds naturally and easily.

Too good to be true?
Try it out for yourself :-)

Until then, Yassas!

Carmen Klammer, London, England

No comments: