Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sparkling moments!

What has been your most sparkling moment from the last two weeks?

A question we were all invited to reflect on in our Monday Morning Matinee earlier this week, which was about 'Appreciative Inquiry', a method for focussing on strengths rather than problems...

The most challenging aspect of this exercise, for me, was picking just one sparkling moment!

Fun with the kids
As a community we received a new group of guests, staffers and 'Facilitators in Residence' who have all settled in as if they had always been here! We had no official workshops this week so we enjoyed the opportunity to work at a more relaxed pace and to allow spontaneous learning and interaction to occur.
Kalikalos ducklings
Horse riding in the mountains, Greek dancing, walking, planting sunflowers and cooking dinner during a power cut especially shine in my memory! At this point I feel I should mention that frying samosas in the dark is not advisable!

There is a refreshingly light and youthful energy here right now with the arrival of two small (and very delightful) children from Italy as well as two ducklings and two chicks. Even the adults are taking advantage of the freedom to play and act just a little bit silly. 

Personally I feel very sparkly right now! I'm actually a little sad that it's my last week staying here but I'm making the most of every moment spent with some special people, some of who I've discovered a deep connection with and hope to see again in September when I return.

I now look forward to the usual Thursday night merriment with a good portion of Retsina, Halva and more dancing thrown in for good measure! I wish a very happy stay to the new arrivals who land here tomorrow and a beautiful summer to those who I'll be saying 'goodbye' to. Signing off for now...

Sarah Clifton

No comments: