Sunday, June 5, 2011

A first day at Kalikalos


A day at Kalikalos

My first Saturday in Kalikalos had the fullness, richness and spaciousness of a holistic holiday. Let me share my experiences with you.
Pre-breakfast options included yoga and meditation. I found myself in the newly built sanctuary looking out over the sea in the distance. Experiencing silence with the birds. A nourishing breakfast was provided with plenty of fresh fruit like cherries and peach, topped with Greek yogurt and honey. In the meeting space 11 of us got together, introducing ourselves, expressing our intentions for the week. Some offered their skills to the group, including Reiki, healing, Yoga, Sacred Dance, Transformation Game, reflexology and various other techniques. Some light work was distributed, since Kalikalos is run as a Community, giving everyone an opportunity to contribute.
Later in the morning I had the opportunity to stroll to Kissos village. The little church was open, and I was able to be deeply impressed by the paintings and religious artwork. It generated a deep sense of devotion to the spiritual levels.
A 15 minute drive brought us to one of the local sandy  beeches. After a quick dip we enjoyed a gorgeous lunch with feta cheese, olives, tomatoes and more fresh fruit. The water temperature is just perfect, the water clear and welcoming. A group nap followed!
With my new best friend Stefanie I ventured a 30 minute walk following a scenic path to another beach. This is the famous place where the film Mama Mia was shot. Local people were very kind showing us the various locations where Meryl Streep danced amongst the olive trees.  The beech was a covered with white pebbles with sandy patches, surrounded by steep rocks. Another path trailing on.
We had time for our various tasks, so I helped cooking dinner for the group. Great teamwork! A delicious dinner included the treat of some local wine.
During my evening meditation I reflected on my day: This was certainly my idea of a relaxing and nourishing time! Mount Pelios was the home of the Greek Gods. Now I understand why!
Margo van Greta

1 comment:

Kalikalos Holistic Holidays Greece said...

Send this to the Rainbow Bridge before Wednesday?